Monumental occasions on the journey:
- Calamity saw snow for the first time in her life!! (Only saw - on distant mountain peaks. Snow angels will have to happen another time!)
- Serenity spent 5 days with a taxi driver who spoke purest of pure Hindi. (He nodded and agreed to things he didn't completely understand!)
- Calamity forgot Serenity's birthday (third year in a row - explanations to follow!)
- Serenity saw the Taj Mahal (FINALLY! after being asked by many different nationalities in many different countries, and having to regretfully say he hadn't seen it himself!)
- Calamity saw Fatehpur Sikri (FINALLY! after making numerous trips to Delhi, but never being able to do so!)
- Serenity and Calamity got a man arrested for vandalising the Agra Fort (more to follow, but Calamity is very pleased with herself!)
- We had a cup of tea at the Last Indian Tea Shop before the Tibet border!
- I saw SNOW!!!! (yes, its a little hard to get over that!)
- We discovered the most MAJESTIC landscape and discovered that neither of us is fit enough for high altitude treks!
- Calamity rode in a ropeway (cable car?) and was severely disappointed it was not more of a roller coaster ride!
- Neither of us got motion sickness or high altitude sickness (and yeah, we're damn smug about it!!)
- Serenity met a lot of Calamity's friends... and finally met one who had championed his cause all along during the Great Arranged Marriage Saga!
There are lots of funny incidents that happened along the way. All in all, it was a GREAT ten days away. The funny bits will come soon... Watch this space!