Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The more things change, the more they remain the same.....

Serenity and Calamity are moving!.... Yes, go on, heave that sigh of relief.... there will be no more ranting about the city-that-wakes-up-early for a while. We're on our way to our next adventure in Tech City. This bodes well for Calamity's professional and social life, definitely... though Calamity is VERY apprehensive about giving away HER house! Serenity, as always, takes everything in his stride and Calamity has to poke and prod him to show some excitement! 


Calamity, today, in the midst of her daily chaos, lovingly sat and wrapped up some of her crystal. (Packed 2 sets and then the heat got to her, so she ran back into her airconditioned den of coolth!!) Well at least I'm getting started with the packing, na? Its a month of travel - Serenity and Calamity take off for the city-that-doesnt-sleep tomorrow. Serenity will be dragged along, kicking and screaming till all hours of the morning to meet with assorted bunches of Calamity's crazy friends... then he gets back, and starts planning the last Boy's Night at Chez Nous! (while Calamity continues on her mad whirl in afore-mentioned city!) Boy's night is usually held at our place, considering Serenity's wife takes off ever so often!! I think Serenity will miss that... though there's another bunch waiting in Tech City for our house-warming pahteee! 


Which brings me to the house! Calamity, though relieved to be leaving this city, has been apprehensive about the "what will we do about this house, what house will we get there" and other such questions! Well, it turns out that the Person Up There wanted us to move too... why else would it transpire that we would fall in LOVE with the very FIRST house our agents took us to?!! Calamity almost danced through the house, while Serenity followed at his sedate pace, not giving away anything. Calamity was like a child in a candy store and tugged and muttered to Serenity every chance she got "Its beeyootiful ! I want, I want, I want!!".... and it turns out that we got it! (just barely, actually! We saw 2 other parties who came there while we were there and they wanted it too!!) But we got it! Yay! And as we settled in to sleep our way back home, we both stayed awake for a long time... just thinking... and I reached for Serenity's hand and squeezed and whispered "I cant believe how lucky we are"... he squeezed back and he smiled. 


So now, we're off on the next leg of our adventure, with another new start in a new place with lots of old friends. Its like a replay of the initial settling down... packing, unpacking, doing up etc etc...


And I squeeze Serenity's hand and he squeezes mine, I smile and go to sleep content.

4 comments:

Primitive Lyric said...

Congrats!!:)) I'm glad you like your new home. I'm glad you're excited abt the next phase in your life.
Serenity sounds a lot like my husband!:)) When I saw Adiv for the first time during an ultrasound, I wept and laughed and gushed! Ro merely smiled, reserving all his excitement for later when we were alone. Last week he told me he got "exceeded expectation" at his appraisal, and a generous hike. I was amazed at how calmly he gave me the news. I'd have danced and screamed!:))But then, I even scream "Yaaay" every time the electricity is back on.

Deepa said...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! You know how irritated it makes me when i think of you gusy leaving chennai!!!!!!

But dont forget your promise that we'll have a place to stay on our next banglore visit ok????

Waaaaaaaa!!!

Amri's World said...

Have fun setting up house there.... :)

Primitive Lyric said...

BTW, come visit us will you?